CRM Manager – what does it bring to the company?
The basic idea of a CRM Manager is not new
Everyone is talking about Customer Relationship Management (CRM for short) when they mean the disolding of the customer relationship. The growing importance of customer loyalty for the corporate business is often the appointment or recruitment of a CRM manager.
The relevance of customer loyalty after customer acquisition was already evident in the Aunt Emma shop: “CRM manager” Aunt Emma managed to get to know many of her customers’ names and to know about their preferences to respond to individual requests and make appropriate recommendations.
The customers felt valued and well advised. That’s why they always liked to go to the store to shop there. They expressed their satisfaction with recommendations to other people, which then brought new potential customers to the Aunt Emma landing.
This is how a successful customer relationship (English: Customer Reletionship Management) still works today, no matter in which industry.
The Aunt Emma principle has grown in scope
The tasks of those responsible for customer relationship maintenance are, of course, the basic principle like that in an Aunt Emma shop. But especially in larger companies, the tasks are more extensive and much more complex and complex. That’s why companies implement a CRM system that supports the diverse activities with customers with communication and analysis functions.
What does a CRM manager need to be able to do?
Related: What does the person in charge of CRM need? In our experience, it must above all be versatile.
Like Aunt Emma, the chief executive of customer relations also has the goals of customer loyalty and acquisition, but uses many measures that were not or are not common for an Aunt Emma store.
1. Using the CRM strategy, he develops the CRM goals with all departments and employees of the company involved in the measures.
2. The CRM manager and his team analyze the data on purchasing behaviour, customer development or the current market situation of the company. For example, potentials for cross-selling can be uncovered.
3. In order to raise these “treasures” and increase customer satisfaction, the Customer Relationship Manager installs, coordinates and optimizes all CRM processes in sales, marketing, service and reports the analyses and successes to top management.
4. Often it is also the Customer Relationship Manager that helps the company to introduce suitable software. It digitally supports customer management throughout the entire customer journey. For this, he researches promising CRM tools and usually also leads the CRM project. The goal is to provide all information about the customer and the experience with the customer in sales, marketing and service.
CRM Manager Skills
5. The customer relationship manager needs professional competences, especially in the areas of marketing and sales. A certain understanding of software (CRM system) and numbers (analysis) is also part of this.
6. As with Aunt Emma, in addition to the professional skills for the profession of CRM manager, good manners, a well-maintained appearance as well as leadership and communication skills in dealing with employees as well as customers are relevant.
7. Unlike Aunt Emma, a CRM manager often works outside the store or now the office, as customer conversations play an important role. On the one hand, independent work and effective time management are required, and on the other hand, teamwork is required when other departments of the company are involved for campaigns. That is why one thing must not be missing: emotional intelligence.
Make the data usable. Here we put together some of our most important tips for your CRM manager.
The link between the customer
8. Customer relationship management should not be attributed to a department such as marketing, sales, or service. By naming a full-time CRM manager in the company, you can avoid conflicting goals. He then acts as an impartial authority when it comes to optimizing CRM processes and CRM solutions.
If, on the other hand, CRM instructions come from a department, difficulties can arise among the departments.
However, the Customer Relationship Manager is not only the link between the specialist departments. Rather, it can form suppliers as a central point of contact for department heads and the interface to external service providers and CRM software.
CRM Manager Tool: CRM Software
CRM software helps the Head of CRM optimize customer relationship management by capturing all relevant customer data and operations. Thus, he gains a valid data base for his work. In addition, the CRM software supports all areas of the company that are connected to the customer through newly created transparency and the central provision of information and increases their efficiency.
A CRM system is particularly helpful for the function of the CRM manager as a link between the departments: Customer relationship programs that respond to the requirements in sales, marketing and service are reduced conflicts between employees.
In order for all employees to recognize the benefits of the CRM system, they must be involved in the phases of the introduction of a CRM system and a CRM software function overview must be provided. Everyone has the opportunity to get involved. The CRM Manager team notes other requirements in the crm requirements that successfully implement the software evaluation.
The Customer Relationship Manager is also relieved by this interaction and has to coordinate less.
Our free live presentation gives you an insight into the benefits and benefits of our CRM.