CRM in mechanical and plant engineering
LOYAL CUSTOMERS THROUGH MORE PROXIMITY
on more agility and reliability in handling customer concerns
without obligation and free of charge
STEER AGAINST IT!
Negative sales development expected for this year due to cost pressure, shortage of skilled workers & decline in orders
In its December 2022 PwC Mechanical Engineering Barometer, leading auditing firm PwC noted that inflation continues to put pressure on the German economy. It identified a negative attitude among respondents to the economic trend in Germany, with an expected industry sales decline of -2.9%. In fact, according to the VDMA, declining order intake in the machinery and plant engineering sector will characterize the situation at the beginning of 2023. Despite a slight easing in supply chains, there are reports of inadequate supplies of resources, as well as an increase in costs that will impact price developments. Added to this is the shrinking pool of skilled workers; according to VDMA figures, 14,000 positions in mechanical engineering are currently unfilled.
On the other hand, the research and development area can be seen as positive. According to the VDMA 2022 survey, expenditure here will rise again. The tax incentive for companies (research allowance) introduced in 2020 has been well received in this industry, write VDI-Nachrichten. Hartmut Rauen, Deputy Managing Director of the VDMA, commented: “The mechanical engineering sector is keeping up the pace of innovation and investing the additional funds in securing the future of Germany as a business location.”
IMPORTANT TOOLS FOR CONTROL
for your company on the way to more resilience
Customers & machines in 360° overview with xRM
- Central database provides precise, uniform information for all employees on customers, suppliers, partners & employees as well as on machines
- Access at any time, from any device and any place
- Access controllable with roles & rights system
- Fast response times to inquiries ensure satisfied customers
- Maintenance contracts & licenses always remain in view via widget technology
- colored traffic light system shows status to a project or machine
- Alerts can be activated via push messages on mobile devices
- Automations save time (e.g. CRM informs about activities related to a customer or project, reminders ensure that deadlines are met)
Efficient service & maintenance processes
- Manage maintenance contracts for sold machines and rental models
- Display proactive maintenance cases automatically
- Fast & reliable organization of service case processing and related on-site appointments via calendar & schedule function
- Optimal route planning for service technician assignments from CRM
- Capture visit reports on the go using the CRM app’s voice entry feature
- create drafts offline and save them at next online connection
- Automatically route customer requests to the ticket system via websites, social media, or email. Current processing status visible for customers upon login. ticket system additionally provides valuable approaches for improvements
- integrated knowledge management helps 24×7 to help themselves.
Counteracting the shortage of skilled workers
- In-house knowledge transfer via central data storage to support development and training of own workforce
- Creation of knowledge databases, deposit & use of internal training & course materials and online webinars or videos.
- Efficient management of participants in courses offered by external training providers or educational institutes, documentation of results
- Cross-site collaboration with external employees
- Support HR department in recruiting & onboarding new employees via email integration, video calls and seamless documentation of contracts
Integrated project management
- Manage any type of project and process, not only in sales or service, but in all departments
- As a project leader, assign tasks to team members & create timelines.
- Resource management support through calendar functions, workload overviews & project scheduling
- Track project progress via integrated traffic light function & dashboard for schedule & cost control
- Other supporting functions such as project structure, critical path and Gantt chart
Sustainability & resource conservation
- Build material and supplier databases, change and find replacements faster in case of failures and bottlenecks
- Display, monitor & report resource consumption and savings over defined time periods or areas with dashboads, identify vulnerabilities and take countermeasures
- Plan and control individual measures to increase sustainability & resource conservation in project management and track progress
Assistance in the development of export markets
- Cross-site collaboration possible via central database
- via CRM appWorldwide exchange of information in the shortest possible time
- Email integration, video call & chat capabilities for global communication
- Transparent documentation of all processes & projects in CRM
- Definition & use of uniform processes & workflows for all sites
- easy customization for additional languages (default: German & English)
- Deposit & use of multilingual templates facilitate daily business
Analyses for targeted measure development
- Collect and use consistently maintained CRM data to identify & assess strengths, weaknesses, potentials and risks
- Define & monitor KPIs, whether for orders, projects, sales, costs, material or energy consumption: diverse evaluations possible via Dashboards and reports
- Data from external sources can also be analyzed via API
- different graphical representations of the results
- Various filters provide valuable insights
- Set up reports & send regular reports by mail
Please click on the image to enlarge.
for the deployment of your service technicians with our CRM for mechanical and plant engineering
With the planning cockpit in GEDYS IntraWare CRM, you have an overview of all service tickets and the service team’s deployment calendar
Drag and drop to assign a ticket to the technician who has the required knowledge for the repair. Immediately, this service technician is informed by the CRM system about his new order – with all details about the service case and any machine specifications.
Service technicians in the field can view their data on the go on a laptop, tablet or smartphone – both online and offline. Digital signatures via touch function are also possible. This means that information paths between employees are short and planning is optimally coordinated. If a technician is ill, this is displayed in color in the appointment overview. Easy deployment planning thanks to CRM in mechanical and plant engineering.
Please click on the image to enlarge.
Successes with CRM in mechanical and plant engineering
Please click on the logos for more information.
With the CRM cloud solution including hosting (SaaS model).
to digital processes in just a few weeks
Strengthen your resilience with CRM and xRM: Processes digitized with GEDYS IntraWare CRM enable you to work more effectively, save time, costs and resources, and counteract the shortage of skilled workers. Provide users with important ERP information in the CRM system. Your sales department gets access to delivery bills, invoices and open items thanks to JDBC or SAP interface. Tie in other systems like email integration (video: CRM Outlook Integration)
You use analyses and evaluations to identify promising projects and customers, focus on them, and ensure that customer requirements are better understood and met. Because with stable customer loyalty, you become more resilient in the long term.
If you use change management for CRM implementation, the software will be quickly accepted by all employees and previously set goals will be achieved.
- Work from all devices via Internet browser
- 100 GDPR compliant
- neither purchase additional technology nor service
- include Contacts, Office, Schedule, Workflow, Business Mail, CTI, Social & CRM app modules
- CRM app including offline editing
- additional modules can be booked
- secure hosting for CRM IT infrastructure
(Server including administration & backup)
- without maturity limit
- included languages: English and German
- from 69 Euro per month per user (package from 10 users)
- annual billing, minimum term 24 months
- Adaptations according to individual requirements possible
Please set the English subtitles for the video.