CRM INTERFACES AND INTEGRATIONS
How to extend your CRM system wisely
You are looking for a CRM and don’t really know which interfaces and integrations to focus on?
Or you already have a CRM system and are looking for inspiration for smart extensions? We explain what it’s all about and what CRM interfaces and integrations are good for.
You are still BEFORE the CRM implementation? Here you will find helpful information on the topic: Introduction of a CRM system
CRM interface or integration –
What is the difference?
With many modern business models come a wide variety of computer applications and data volumes. For a comprehensive overview of all business processes, however, it is unfavorable if the accumulating data is located in different places – this hinders the central evaluation across all applications.
For efficient work and insightful evaluations and comparisons, it is important that the individual applications can exchange data with each other. This gives you a holistic picture.
Such a data transfer usually takes place via CRM interfaces or integrations. These are two different ways of exchanging data between applications. Here are the short descriptions to illustrate how CRM interfaces and integrations differ.
- Interface simply means a transition between two separate systems that are written in different code languages and manage their data differently – kind of like a bridge. The exchange of information between the applications takes place via a common language. Interfaces can be own tools or already included within a software. You can read more about this on Wikipedia under Interfaces.
- Integrations are understood as the direct linking of different software products to form an overall solution. In doing so, the linked parts use the same code and database. Again, you can find more information at Wikipedia under Integration (software).
Read more details in our blog article Interface or integration – More power in your CRM software.
Which data transfer should you choose?
Since your business applications perform the data transfer unnoticed by the user in the background, you will hardly notice the difference between CRM interfaces and integrations.
So the decision ultimately comes down to these questions:
- What are your company’s goals?
- Which safety regulations must be observed?
- What technology do your individual systems use?
Because depending on how you answer these questions, one or the other variant will be recommended to you. In their functionalities, the advantages and disadvantages of CRM interfaces and integrations differ on the one hand in the speed and convenience of synchronization – i.e. data exchange – and on the other hand in the flexibility to change individual sub-elements in the overall system. Learn more in our blog article Interface or integration – More power in your CRM software.
The classic: data transfer between CRM and ERP
CRM interfaces and integrations deliver more digital support to employees.
ERP and CRM systems serve different areas and tasks of the company. However, linking them brings considerable advantages for daily work – and not only in sales.
- Provide sales with information on payment history, dunning status, creditworthiness, delivery times or returns from the ERP system already in the customer file of the CRM software
- Synchronize the master data created in the ERP system with the CRM system
- You provide item master data, currency information, payment and delivery terms from ERP for the creation of sales opportunities and quotations in CRM
- Orders are transferred from CRM to ERP for logistics and invoicing
- Sales receives delivery status information in CRM from ERP
Get an idea of the added value of integrating CRM and ERP.
Further practical examples
Where do CRM interfaces and integrations benefit you specifically?
There are a variety of uses for system links. In everyday work, an interface or integration can save work steps, enable extended evaluations or support clearer and more efficient processes.
Therefore, different interfaces and integrations in the CRM system are available for each business area. Read the following articles for more insights into the concrete assistance CRM offers in combination with interfaces and integrations.
GEDYS IntraWare CRM Software
Our CRM interfaces and integrations at a glance
We already cooperate with a wide range of applications and services. For the greatest possible convenience of our customers, we are constantly expanding the list of interfaces and integration of third-party systems. constantly.
Free overview of our interfaces
Explore the variety of our CRM interfaces and integrations to ERP, Fibu and DMS systems, market-leading products as well as analysis and BI tools. Get an impression of which interfaces we offer and which ones you need for your CRM.